Monday, August 27, 2012

More Uses for Paper Beads

Memory Wire Bracelet-Violet Cereal Box
Halloween Bracelet











Greetings All,

Although it's not getting cooler, it is getting darker earlier and earlier now.  We are seeing a few of the first signs of fall. Another sign of the season, I'm making my paper beads in darker more jewel like colors now.  Take a look at the violet memory wire bracelet, the colors are deep and rich--perfect for fall fashions.  

And I've made a bracelet for Halloween, each bracelet has a couple of paper beads and a Halloween lamp work glass bead.  So cute and lots of fun for little girls.  I'll have these bracelets at the Croton Fall Arts Fair; Saturday, October 27th.  Just in time for Halloween!  If you want the bracelet sooner you can leave a comment on this blog or contact me through my Etsy shop.

Another Craft Idea
As the holiday season rolls around, you can make great cards and tags with paper beads embellishments.    These cards and tags will cost a fraction of what you pay in the card shop.  And you will be recycling those  magazines you have!

Use  toothpicks to roll these beads, so they will be nice and tight.  Follow the basic directions for the tube paper beads in my earlier tutorial.  I usually do not glaze the beads used for cards and tags. They come from glossy magazine stock and they just look better left as is.    Here are some samples I made.


The candles, the rays of the sun and the branches of the tree are all thin tube paper beads.  They are cut from magazine pages, rolled on tooth picks and glued.  Once the paper beads were dry, they were glued to the cards.   Looks like fun, right?!!

Check my Etsy site for new things and let me hear from you soon.

See you all soon,
anne

No comments:

Post a Comment