Sunday, March 25, 2012

Spring is really here...


Yea!!  Spring is here!
Tuesday was the first day of Spring.  And here in New York the temperature has been up to 80 degrees already!  When I was walking today, I found more evidence that spring is really here!
So with spring comes the craft fair season.  This will be my first, and even though it seems grueling I am going to give it a try.  And I have tons of work to do to get ready.  I've found some really great ideas for getting my "table" set up.  I found this fabulous site on pinterest with tons of DIY ideas for attractive, interesting ways to display my work.

 I just got something called "Square".  What a great idea and it is free.  This small plug in allows your iPad or iPhone to swipe credit cards and function as a cash register.  It will tally sales, add sales tax and send receipts to the buyers email account--just like the sales people do in the Apple store.  The ability to take credit cards can really boost my sales.  If you are in the craft fair business and you don't have "Square", just Google it.  That's how I found out all about it.

So to get ready for the craft fair season, I need to figure out what I have in inventory and what I need to make.  I have thought of a few new things to try out this spring.   I got a fabulous vintage world atlas; the pages make gorgeous beads.  Here is a bracelet I made from one of the maps, you can find more pictures on my Etsy site.
Paper Bead Cuff Bracelet- Vintage World Atlas 
I thought it might be a good idea to put together kits so DIYers  can craft  this bracelet on their own. Everything you need to make the bracelet, along with directions is included in the kit.

So as you can see I am getting ready for the spring craft fairs.Anyone who can give me some good ideas on displaying my jewelry or for that matter, surviving a craft show, please leave me a comment.  Check my etsy site for new listings.  I will keep you up to date on times and places, hope to see you all there!

anne

2 comments: