Sunday, June 17, 2012

Button Fest!


Buttons and pins and beads, oh my!
Hi to all,

Last Sunday I spent the day with family celebrating my nephew's new wife Kat and their baby Addison.  But if the the truth be told, my sisters and I spent the majority of the day and the evening sorting through thousands and thousands of old buttons, pins and miscellaneous junk.  Buttons etc. from my mother's stash, her mother's stash and my sister's mother-in-law's button jar.  All the buttons were old, vintage, beautiful colors and designs.  I'll use these to make great chunky jewelry pieces.  What an inspiration for a recycle and reuse junky like myself.

This week I am trying to get my Etsy shop updated, assuring all of my new pieces are online.  I will finally get the rest of the Jane Eyre collection up and I have quite a few new bookmarks too.  They make great gifts especially paired with a favorite book.  So please take a look, see if there is anything you like.  Also I am putting together a few paper bead workshops for the fall.  I will keep you posted about that.

And a final word about last week's Craft Fair.  I think it was one of the best organized I have been in this year.  The hospital volunteers worked very hard.  Best part, there were volunteers to unload your car and place all of your things in your assigned spot.  Yea, that was wonderful!  I was located on the James Mansion House veranda, overlooking the Hudson River.  What a beautiful view.  Probably the hardest part of the fair was parting with a recently created charm bracelet and earrings from my Jane Eyre collection.  But I am glad I sold it and clearly some one else loves it too.

Talk to you soon,

anne

No comments:

Post a Comment