Thursday, March 21, 2013

Here it is!

Hi to everyone,

Ozma of Oz Necklace
Well, here it is; my Ozma of Oz necklace.  You can see some of the steps in making in the necklace in my previous blog.  There is also a complete tutorial describing the process of  making these paper "beads" in my November 11, 2011 blog. I posted the necklace on Etsy a few days ago.  You can see it there by clicking on the picture caption above.

Now I am working on a Wizard of Oz project made from the pages of a copy of the original edition.

Spring is just around the corner, some of the crocus have poked their purple heads up through the ground.  The first day of spring will be March 20th and Easter is March 31st.  So the Spring Craft Fairs can not be far behind!  Here we go again, my second season of craft fairs.

First on the agenda is an Earth Day Fair at Pleasantville Middle School on April 11.  I love participating, it is really a workshop. I can teach kids all about paper beads and how to make them.  It teaches them that we can make beautiful things out of what we throw away.

Sunday Morning Paper Bead Bracelet

And here is a sample of bringing old designs back!  This bracelet is made from the pages of the Sunday magazine section of the newspaper.  Available by special order at annemadethis@gmail.com.

Talk to you soon,

anne

1 comment:

  1. awesome!!! I love the Oz necklace!!! The Sunday morning bracelet is really cool too!!! Love your work!!!

    ReplyDelete