Sunday, March 31, 2013

Happy Easter


Hi to All,

Happy Easter.  I hope spring is trying to come your way.  We finally got a hint of it yesterday with temperatures close to 60 degrees F.  Below is the my most recent "Wizard of Oz" necklace.  This necklace was crafted from reproduction pages of the first Wizard of Oz  with the illustrations by W.W. Denslow.   I made the paper beads from cardboard game tiles; the chains and the other beads were reclaimed from vintage jewelry.  This necklace is posted on my Etsy site now.

Wizard of Oz paper bead necklace


Front cover of the journal
Back cover of journal










My friend teaches nursery school and loves reading to her 4-year old pupils.    This is a special journal I made for her, above are the photos of the front and back covers.  The covers are collaged with prose and pictures from some of the best known children's picture books.  After gluing the papers, three coats of an ultra-thick gloss is brushed on to protect the covers.  And no picture books were destroyed in this project.

Next week I'll be at the 2013 Earth Day Fair at the Pleasantville Middle School.  I will be running a workshop on making paper beads for the Middle Schoolers.  The Fair will run from 5:30 until 7:30.

Talk to you next week.  Be sure to stop by my Etsy shop or come see me at the Fair!

anne

No comments:

Post a Comment