Thursday, May 23, 2013

Works in Process



Hi to all,

Here's a glimpse at my most recent garage sale finds.  Great, right?  The earrings will be wonderfully in a black and gold bracelet I'm working on.  And I love those big black beads, haven't really decided what to do with them yet.

As promised last week. I was going to give you some of my steps in creating a new necklace from an old broken on.  Here's the old necklace:


Step 1: Disassemble the necklace.  Take apart the beads and carefully remove the metal charms.

Step 2:  Using head pins, string the beads along with seed beads creating "new" charms for your necklace.

Step 3: I used an old recycled chain as the base for my new necklace.  See below.


Step 4: Take the metal pieces and arrange them between the head pin charms, going for an effect of fullness. Attach the metal pieces with gold jump rings.


Step 5:  I wanted to make the necklace still fuller, so I decided to add some paper beads.  I am making them a variety of sizes.  Once they are done I will put them on head pins with other beads and attach them to the necklace also.  Beads are below, drying!



Stay tuned....Next week, hopefully, the necklace will be finished.

And please, check out my etsy shop

See you next week,

anne

No comments:

Post a Comment