Sunday, July 1, 2012

More Vintage Buttons and Jewelry


Hi to all,

I just know there will be tons of creations inspired by all of the buttons and jewelry pieces in the jar I started a few weeks ago. And my collection grows steadily as others clean out their jewelry boxes. This week my mother-in-law added some very unusual vintage jewelry to my collection. I can not believe the earrings we wore in the 80's; really, what were we thinking? Do any of you remember?  Above are just a few examples of what we found in her jewelry box.



Teal Blue Vintage Button Bracelet
Here are a few pieces I created this week from the contents of the "jar".   First, the bracelet above was inspired by sorting the buttons for the button jar.  After we sorted all of the buttons by color group, these beautiful colors cried out to be made into a really full, jingling "charm bracelet".  One unusual large flower button anchors the bracelet slightly off center. It feels great; it looks great and it even sounds great with its gently clicking sound when it moves.  I just listed the bracelet on my Etsy site tonight.  You can see more photos of it there.


Chunky Paper Bead Necklace with Vintage Earrings
And this piece was crafted from my sister-in-law's earrings.  Wow! Right, those acylic yellow wedges were really earrings.  I think they look great strung with chunky paper beads, acrylic beads and wooden beads on a rubber cord.  And the earrings add a little unusual character that makes this a real statement piece.  The necklace will be listed on Etsy next week, please check for it.


And last, I will be at the Peekskill Jazz & Blues Festival on Saturday, July 21st. The crafts and food start about noon and the music is later.  It looks like the festival will take up several blocks of downtown Peekskill and parking is free.  And it will be the debut of my craft fair tent!


Thanks, I'll talk to you soon,


anne











1 comment:

  1. Really nice work this week! Your pieces are truly remarkable and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete