Monday, April 30, 2012

Croton Spring Arts Fair

Setting up my table for the Croton Spring Arts Fair yesterday
Hi everyone,

Here I am setting up the table for my second craft fair!  It was yesterday in a Croton-on-Hudson park.  What a beautiful setting and a beautiful day for a fair. One note to all of you who are are new (like me) to the craft fair circuit, be sure to have wind proof set-ups.  Displays and even tents went flying in yesterday's wind.

And just like they say, each time you set up your table or booth it does seem to get easier.  I think you are more organized and a lot more confident that it will all work out.   Of course the best part of the fair is meeting other crafters and several "etsyites" too.  I even reconnected with a jewelry maker from the fair I attended last weekend.

Another fun part was the giveaway contest I had.  I ran a drawing with a simple entry blank and picked one name to receive one of my bracelet kits.  It is a good talking point when people come to your table and just filling out the entry slip gives them a chance to spend some time with you and look at what you have. Not to mention, the contact list you build!

For this fair, I made a few more bracelet kits including one Tropical Pink Bracelet Kit, which I just listed on my Etsy site.  Also I crafted some black beads and combined them with beads made from the pages of my French grammar book from many years ago.  I think this bracelet has a completely different look made this way.  It is listed as Vintage French Language Book Bracelet.

Paper Bead Bracelet Kit-Tropical Pink
Vintage French Language Book Bracelet










These items and every thing on my Etsy site is available with FREE SHIPPING until Mother's Day.  So take advantage of the offer.

Later this week, I will be participating in an Earth Day Fair for the local school.  I will be leading a workshop for middle school students, teaching them how to make paper beads.  Sounds like fun, doesn't it!

Talk to you all soon,
anne

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE your banner! And the winner of that tropical kit is so so lucky!!! I wish I could do craft fairs too!

    ReplyDelete